View Single Post
Old 11 July 2014, 02:58 AM   #1
j-watch
"TRF" Member

Watch: HULK, BLRO, 16523
1st Post and a question I can't seem to find an answer too!

First of all, Hello! My name is Joe and I've been a member of this forum for several years but have yet to post here. Not sure why not, it's a great forum with a wealth of information. I have been around and contributed on several other forums for many years as well, and recognize many of the members here. Thought its about time I joined in!

Well, as my wife would say, I've been baaaaaaad! Added the two pieces below this month. Really, really like both these new pieces. I also have the blue dialed 116622 SS/Plat., a Z serial Sea Dweller, a 42mm Exp. II black dial, and a Tudor Black Bay. I also have a A series Zenith Daytona, 18K/SS Black dial which is currently at the spa. The wifey wears a D serial 36mm DJ.

On to my question. On Rolex's website, they state that the dial material of the new GMT II BLNR is "Black Laquer". They also state the dial on the new 18ct. Pepsi as the same, "Black Laquer". Is this unique to these two pieces? Does anyone know if this was a change from the other GMTIIC? I'm only curious, and can't seem to find reference on it anywhere on the net. Thanks all!

Cheers,

Joe

and a few others that I've had for a while:

and I'm not just a Rolex enthusiast:

j-watch is offline   Reply With Quote