View Single Post
Old 27 July 2014, 11:54 AM   #51
elcompa
"TRF" Member

Watch: DD 118206
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roll the Lex View Post
I don't know what to say really.

Three minutes until the eBay listing closes on that Daytona, it all comes down to today. Either we pick the right seller today or we are going to crumble. Flip by flip. Watch by watch, till we're broke. We are in hell right now, gentlemen, believe me. And... we can flip your new two tone for a ND Sub because nobody liked your incoming or we can continue collecting what we like. We can climb out of hell. One watch, at a time.

Now I can't do it for you. I'm too old. I look around and I see these young collectors, and I think, I mean, I made every wrong choice a TRF man could make. I uh.... I pissed away all my money, believe it or not. I sold off the one grail that I truly loved. And lately, I can't even keep all my watches running.

You know when you get old in life, you begin to miss things that you used to have. I mean, that's, that's part of life. But, you only learn that when you start flipping stuff. You find out that life is just a chasing millimeters. So is watch collecting. Because in either game- life or watch collecting, the margin for error is so small. I mean, buying from this seller or that seller and you may get get what you wanted or not. One millimeter too big or small and it doesn't look right on you. The millimeters we need are everywhere around us. They are in every collection here, every minute, every second.

On this forum, we fight for that millimeter. On this forum, we save up every penny, and enable everyone around us daily for that millimeter. We stay up obsessing about that millimeter. Cause we know when we add up all those millimeters, that's going to make the f*&^ing difference... between a FLIPPER and KEEPER, between LIVING and DYING!

I'll tell you this, in any forum, it is the guy who buy what he likes, who is going to win that millimeter. And I know, if I am going to have any kind of collection it is because, I am still willing to fight, and die for that millimeter, because that is what LIVING is. The 40mm of stainless steel on your wrist!

Now I can't make you do it. You gotta give your opinion when a member is asking for help. Tell him you LOVE that Day-Date. Now I think you are going to see a member who will go that extra millimeter with you. You are going to see a member who will enable you to buy that 5th Rolex because he knows when it comes down to it, you are gonna do the same thing for him.

That's a forum, gentlemen and either we collect now, together, or we will just flip as individuals. That's watch collecting on TRF, guys. That's all it is.

Now, whattaya gonna do?
One of my all time favourite motivational monologues.
elcompa is offline   Reply With Quote