View Single Post
Old 31 July 2014, 12:57 PM   #65
Rock
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Grail:Bluesy
I seem to have got myself caught-up in Shakespearean references so here goes again:

From As You Like It:
Jacques speaks:
All the world’s a stage,
And all the men and women merely potential watch buyers. The many models have their exits and their entrances, and one man in his time buys many watches, his purchases being o’er seven ages.
At first the infant, mewling and puking on the nurse’s arms and on her Lady Date-Just.
And then the whining school-boy, with his Air King and shining morning face, creeping like snail unwillingly to school.
And then the lover with passionate TT Blue Submariner, sighing like furnace with a woeful ballad made to his mistress’ Lady Date-Just.
Then a soldier, bedecked with sturdy GMT, full of strange oaths, and bearded like the pard, Jealous in honour, sudden and quick in quarrel and seeking the ‘bubble-back’ reputation even in the cannon’s mouth.
And then the justice, in fair round belly with good capon lin’d, with eyes severe and beard of formal cut, platinum Daytona prominent on wrist. Full of wise saws and modern instances and so he plays his part.
The sixth age shifts into the lean and slipper’d pantaloon, with spectacles on nose and pouch on side; his youthful Explorer II well sav’d, it’s Oyster bracelet a world too wide for his shrunk shank; and his big manly voice, turning again toward childish treble, pipes and whistles in his sound. Last scene of all, that ends this strange eventful history, is second childishness and mere oblivion, sans teeth, sans eyes, sans taste, sans Rolex, sans everything.

Foundation Member of 'Horologists Anonymous' "Hi, I'm Rocky, and I'm a Horologist..."
Rock is offline   Reply With Quote