View Single Post
Old 5 August 2014, 04:17 AM   #28
vcnyls
"TRF" Member

Watch: 1979 Pepsi GMT
Update to the story: I went over to Rolex on 5th Avenue and had their service department look at the watch. They say that the watch needs service (movement is running very slowly), which is very annoying because my wife was told that it had been recently serviced. So, assuming we can get the seller to eat the cost of the service (it was sold as a serviced watch), then it's not a big deal other than my being out of my new watch for a few weeks. If not, then I suppose we need to get it serviced now and pay the cost. Suggestions on where to get that done? I'm inclined to have the mothership do it but if there's another certified service place in NYC that does as good a job and is less expensive, I'd be down with that.

Big upside is that, just to make sure, we asked them to confirm authenticity and they said it is fully authentic and original (outside only - didn't have them open it up).

Thanks to all for the compliments - other than the whole setting it in the morning thing I'm loving this new watch! Works and keeps perfect time as long as it's on my wrist so at least I get to enjoy it until I need to send it in.
vcnyls is offline   Reply With Quote