View Single Post
Old 22 August 2014, 12:57 AM   #57
benlee
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex, AP, PP
Quote:
Originally Posted by JorgeCCW View Post
5980R is a beautiful watch. I wouldn't in my small collection, but to each it's own don't want step on anybody's toes.
But I think the 5980 lingers more in the Sport side of it than the 5712 mainly because it's thickness and weight. I think that works great on a bigger collection. I like the fact that the 5712 is more sleek, probably because it's thinness. I also think that the moon phase is a staple for Patek and love how the gold moon matches with the case. Very useful power Reserve as well. All that makes the 5712R a great stand alone watch. If someday things go bad and I have to sell my other 2-3 watches I feel confident that my 5712R will fill that spot in a great way.
At this level there is no right or wrong answer here, go with whatever you love the most.

Cheers !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for your insights! I have been wobbling between 5980R and 5712R for a long time. I was convinced 5980R is the one to go for not so long ago. Then I saw ur 5712R pics and think maybe not. Honestly speaking, price is also a factor ( I can get the 5712R faster while 5980R have to wait. ) Can't make up my mind.
benlee is offline   Reply With Quote