View Single Post
Old 4 October 2014, 07:59 AM   #1
dchernikoff
"TRF" Member

Watch: Sub LV
GMT-Master II accuracy question

I got a Series-K GMT II from a seller here on TRF, and the watch came in mint condition, physically. Really beautiful not a scratch on it, doesn't look like it's ever been polished either. Even though the warranty card says 2003 I suspect it wasn't worn much and just sat in the box since it is so pristine. When I first started wearing it, I was disappointed to find it ran about 20 to 25 seconds fast each day. But now after a few weeks, it seems to be getting more accurate. I saw the thread about "self regulating" and so now I keep it on my nightstand on it's side with crown facing up -- supposedly the best position for Rolex's that run fast. Maybe that helped? Now it seems to be around 5 to 10 seconds fast, which is getting within the range of not being annoying.

My question is, does this make sense? Does a watch "break in" or "get used to it's new owner" over time? Or am I just imagining it and it will start to gain too much time again eventually? I kind of don't want to shell out another $600 to get it refurbished right now, still recovering from the initial purchase, lol.

This is my first Rolex so I'm still getting to know the watch. Thanks for your advice.

-Dan
dchernikoff is offline   Reply With Quote