View Single Post
Old 11 October 2014, 09:26 AM   #17
Tools
TRF Moderator & 2024 DATE-JUST41 Patron

Watch: GMT's
Quote:
Originally Posted by dchernikoff View Post
. . .
To be honest, the past few days I've been thinking fondly of my crummy citizen quartz watch and how it hadn't gained any appreciable time over the last three years (I've never ever needed to adjust the time on it). It looks like crap but at least I could rely on it to get me to meetings on time -- and to me a watch must be first-and-foremost functional, with looks and style secondary. Thought I had made an expensive mistake. But now with this data I'm confident that my Rolex can still be a daily wearer and an asset instead of an annoyance -- just have to get it regulated (and probably serviced as well).

I'll report back how it does after 5 days in fully-wound state. Thanks everyone for the advice.

-Dan
You can't compare a mechanical watch to a quartz. A mechanical watch only ticks 8 times per second while a quartz high end movement pulses at 262,144 "ticks" per second.. no contest.

You cannot pick-up 14 seconds a day no matter what you do; take it in and they will regulate it to a couple of seconds a day..