View Single Post
Old 25 October 2014, 09:40 AM   #51
seabreeze
2024 Pledge Member

One thing that may be worth mentioning since I started this thread is

It might be in general a good idea some info on these physical practices. All of them not just WI.

It shouldn't matter to someone's skill set with that they are working at home all behind vaulted glass
But I think people engaging in these services have a right to know which it is

I remember as a very young man always being so fearful of having the prongs on my wife's ring tightened because I was always afraid someone would swap out the diamond when I wasn't looking.

I laugh when I read a lot of guys in here mentioning that the watch is off for a spa treatment. It's good food for the mind and probably exists at some businesses but I think it's useful if we are spending money to know which ones really have it and which ones don't.
Also a big one would be subcontractors or employees

When you go for an operation with respect to Dr. you don't really want the resident or intern cutting into you but I guess it happens a lot

And lastly the big one which I feel personally affected by is. If things get damaged in the process of repair to these places cover up the damage they did

I feel I'm at a disadvantage because I am a novice not an expert but it's not an exaggeration to say that somewhere in the world someone walking around with a Rolex case and a Seiko movement inside I'm willing to bet

These I are not accusations against anyone just generalizations about the repair industry.

And my thought is are there some best practices that can evolve from this similar to the watch out section and other things that we do to protect each other's interests

I also can't help but think that this makes a strong case for these authorized Rolex service centers although I'm certain to be flamed for that comment because they're so expensive
And draconian
Victorinox Swiss Army 24221 - circa 1985
Sold but wish I didn't
Rolex DateJust 1603 - 1972
seabreeze is offline   Reply With Quote