View Single Post
Old 5 November 2014, 08:19 AM   #71
locutus49
Banned

Watch: Platona
Duh, yeah, I do. At least regarding their steel. Rolex is always pushing the envelope, not in trends like the oversized trend, but in durability, precision, and so forth.

Mr. Biver, the watch expert who is interviewed on Hodenkee, said the one thing he desired in his life was to tour the super-secret Rolex factory, because of the quality of the product. This was said in another interview by one of the watch experts.

Rolex is bashed because it is synonymous with luxury but the fact remains that their watches are of the highest quality. Even the subject Omega resembles a vintage Sub, which should tell you something of their influence.

But Omega is beginning to follow in Rolex footsteps with in-house movements, etc. This is fantastic. But they need to avoid making too many models and following trends, or they will remain a lower tier luxury watch. Just my opinion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SUPERDOC View Post
Really? grade of Steel? really?

antimagnetic movement with display back?
liquid metal bezel?
frictionless balance spring with greater accuracy/longer power reserve and longer service interval?....meaningless?....steel is the marker of luxury?

As far as I know, Patek, Vacheron, Audemars all use 316 Steel in their SS models....

I'm guessing you place Rolex ahead of these houses now?
locutus49 is offline   Reply With Quote