View Single Post
Old 20 November 2014, 11:38 PM   #36
armypilot
"TRF" Member

Watch: 1980 Rolex 16750
Love the Garland 35-P, I have two of them. Also have the Fisher AG-7, have used them for years. As a side note NASA began using an upgraded version of the AG-7 during the shuttle missions, this is the Fisher CH-4. Concerning the whole Speedmaster/Rolex on the moon debate, some astronauts during the moon missions did wear there own personal watches like Swigert wearing his GMT-Master but by regulation if he had conducted an EVA he still would have been required to wear his NASA issued Speedmaster Professional on the long Velcro strap on the outside of his pressure suit. Trials were conducted in 1964 and again in 1978 after some manufacturers protested and again the Speedmaster Professional won the competition, Since the moon missions and even to this day with ISS, the Omega Speedmaster Professional is still the only watch authorized by NASA for all EVA's. While inside the vehicle they can wear whatever they want, many wear their NASA issued Omega Speedmaster X-33 but even this Omega is not certified for EVA. I have had both the GMT-Master and Speedmaster for decades and they both have seen me through my whole flying career. Wouldn't part with either one of them.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg wrist shot.jpg (87.4 KB, 73 views)
File Type: jpg Speedmaster Pro with JB Champion Mesh.jpg (87.4 KB, 72 views)