Old 15 January 2015, 07:08 AM   #21
Sublover2166
Banned

Watch: Ol'Bluesy & Hulk
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawk99 View Post
Hi Vanessa and All,
I have a quick question as well......

(1977 1680) Serviced 3 years ago, and running spot on. The independent watchmaker that did the work advised me of the worn axle, but said it would be fine for time being (that was 3 years ago). He has now retired and moved away.

The rotor is now clearly worn, and I get the buzzing and wobble which clear indicates this. I have called a couple of local Rolex repair places (Not a RSC), to have this one part looked at and replaced. Both have replied that they will not do anything without a full service.
Is this neccessary? Or are they just trying to up sell me?
Thanks!
If the rotor is wobbling and making metal to metal contact with either the case back or bridge it will create "brake dust" which can get into the movement and wear parts out. A full service would be in order. Happened with my 16613 when I heard something flopping around inside as I moved the watch around. Was a broken rotor axle. This happened only 2 years after a service at RSC, so not sure they even replaced new when serviced. And the watch was not dropped or did not receive a hard blow of any kind.
Sublover2166 is offline   Reply With Quote