View Single Post
Old 20 January 2015, 03:46 PM   #87
Syed117
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RollieVerde View Post
Anybody can buy as many warranty cards as the want online, and put anybody's name and AD name on it. It will take you less than a minute to find them via any search engine. You know this, right? Call the AD up, whom I assume you've never visited or had any contact with, and see if they have a record of selling you the watch and if the warranty has been properly registered with Rolex in your name like the card says. If this is a legitimate transaction with an AD, why won't you mention their name? Did they supply you with a certified appraisal of the watch for insurance purposes, with your name on it? Most reputable ADs do this at no charge. The only way this would be a legitimate transaction is if the seller purchased the watch, and then sold it to you. Then it's technically used. But then the warranty card would be in the name of the person who actually purchased the watch, filled out by the AD. And how the seller managed to get at least $1000 off on the watch including tax and their own markup should be a bit curious. But you don't care, right? You got it for cheaper and that's all that matters. Personally I think it's nuts to pay over $8K for a watch without seeing it in person, trying it on, and dealing with the person who's actually selling the watch to you. But I guess saving money is more important.

I love these primary school economic arguments. The Trusted Seller buys sooo many watches from an AD that the AD sacrifices a good chunk of their margin, and Rolex (who traces the sale of every watch, so they know a Trusted Seller is buying 50 watches a month) turns a blind eye to the reselling of a product heavily discounted from a third party who is not authorized to sell their product. Makes perfect sense. Naturally, it's true: just simple economics. And we all know Rolex is absolutely desperate to unload all these damn watches. But I'm sure your sub is probably fine and you saved $1000. Am I saying these trusted sellers are evil? All I know is they are selling you a brand new watch and they are not authorized by the manufacturer to do so. Maybe Rolex needs these people to sell their products for them, because they can't sell them all through ADs. But I'm not so sure. As people on this forum like to say, "do the math."
Haha. I've seen some crippling insecurity on this forum, but wow.

It must really be killing you that people can buy watches in ways and for less than what you think is acceptable.

Primary school economics? Yeah, that's accurate. When you buy more, you save more. If you came to that conclusion, not sure why the rest is so hard to comprehend.