View Single Post
Old 22 April 2008, 02:42 PM   #121
jake
"TRF" Member

Watch: Green Submariner
I agree!!!

This thread is just amazing to me!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am enjoying just viewing it so much. Seeing all the people next to each other ads tremendous context to the content, and after all is said and done, context gives content its meaning. For the past quarter century I have been studying Rolex history because I was so passionate about the brand. Along the way I obviously picked up a lot of knowledge about the history of the brand, but I never had anywhere to look at it or anybody to share it with.

For instance, I know the history of the name "Rolex President" came from Lyndon Johsnon wearing the Day-Date, but I also new the real genesis of the name "Rolex President" came from Dwight Eisenhower wearing his gold Datejust. I have been learning so much to, like the Marilyn Monroe Rolex President gift to JFK...

This thread is also turning into a fascinating Rolex History lesson. I am shocked that Rolex, with its resources does not have something like this on its own website.

I guess this is the "Open Source" Rolex Visual history. The other huge advantage to doing it this way is that we are building a Rolex history that can always be updated–unlike a magazine, book or movie.

If we have gotten this far in less than 36 hours, imagine what this thread might look like a few years from now!!!

As I mentioned in my first entry at the beginning of this thread, it is my fervent prayer to see this become the Definitive Photo Gallery for Rolex watches. I also mentioned I have seen a few other galleries on the web where you have to click on each picture and then hit the back button with NO discussion, way to update or add anything.

This format is so much more interesting.

Great work everybody. Let's keep it flowing...

Jake

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdtddd2007 View Post
Nice pics guys...thanks for sharing. Beautiful people. Beautiful choice of watch they wear don't you all agree?