View Single Post
Old 23 February 2015, 02:57 AM   #67
oldLeatherNeck
"TRF" Member

Vintage Rolex

You guys are missing the big picture.

1. Those who stated "FACTS", please provide a concrete evidence ie: an actual BUYER who claimed the watch he bought from "said" seller has been lazer-welded, and or the dial patina has been doctored, whatever the method.

2. Your attempt to ostracize the DUDE because of his non-disclosure or "exaggeration" is "personal" attack in disguise. Most of the vintage pieces I see offered on here or other sites have been doctored as well. I've seen claims that the lugs are thick, and bevels are sharp, when they are obviously have been re-cut. Hands have been colored match ever so often by volume "reputable" dealers( though disclosed ) seems to be OK. No one of you call those dealers out, as it seems to be acceptable. This is a disservice to TRF members here, as most vintage newbies turn to forums like TRF to get advice. I cringe when I see lots of members here proudly present their watches having just bought it off from a highly praised seller with colored hands, with the dial that I know was just bought "loose" recently; cases that have been recently re-done/re-cut , etc.. Worst are the ones with the top lugs touching the lug holes as the result from the amateurish attempt to re-cut the bevels by the sellers.

3. This guy is no angel, but he's just like other sellers. So, buyers beware.
oldLeatherNeck is offline   Reply With Quote