View Single Post
Old 12 April 2015, 02:50 AM   #12
padi56
"TRF" Life Patron

Watch: ing you.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lausanne View Post
I think I already know the answer to my own question but wanted to hear if others have experienced the same thing. My 114060 is still under warranty but started to go -5 these past two weeks but now it's up to -5 minutes a day (!). RSC is the only option to me but it is very troubling. This is the first time I've experienced problems with a Rolex in 30 years of owning a DJ. Any input or comment?
Quote:
It's been consistently -5 to 8 per day. The only explanation about that erratic jump to -5min may be related to defective self winding. My guess. I have no background in micro mechanics.
Quote:
Now the watch has stopped (it's worn all the time). It can be manually rewound but stops after 10-15 seconds. RSC for sure now.
Well if the watch will only run for like you say 10 seconds how did it run -5 minutes a day. If the watch will not run after a full manual wind then it could be just two things, 1 mainspring is broken, 2 screw have come lose in the winding stem, or winding mechanism both very simple fixes.

ICom Pro3

All posts are my own opinion and my opinion only.

"The clock of life is wound but once, and no man has the power to tell just when the hands will stop. Now is the only time you actually own the time, Place no faith in time, for the clock may soon be still for ever."
Good Judgement comes from experience,experience comes from Bad Judgement,.Buy quality, cry once; buy cheap, cry again and again.

www.mc0yad.club

Second in command CEO and left handed watch winder
padi56 is offline   Reply With Quote