View Single Post
Old 27 May 2015, 08:30 PM   #8
wdin
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrJ320 View Post
I have a 5960P and vintage Grand Seiko 5646 GS. I am assuming you are looking at comparing a modern GS with a Patek.

Hard to compare between the two I have as they are completely different watches on completely different levels. Having said that I enjoy wearing both, but they are not really competitors or models one typically cross shop.
Yup, a modern GS (preferably one that looks much like a Calatrava) to have a side-by-side shot with a Calatrava.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slider817 View Post
I have a Patek 5146g and a Grand Seiko Quartz, I don't think they are very similar, especially the two I have, manual annual calendar in white gold vs. steel Quartz watch. But, I think the Grand Seiko is a good brand, and I thought it would be nice to own a top tier made Quartz watch, that is super accurate. I rarely wear the Seiko, but it's nice to own, and wear on occasion.
Nothing wrong with owning a super accurate quartz!

Quote:
Originally Posted by deej View Post

Hard to compare both. The attention to details of a GS is simply amazing. The PP is just wonderful!
Hey Deej, thanks for lending a hand with finally a 1st side-by-side PP and GS on this thread. That GS you've got there is sweet! Do you by chance have a Calatrava too?

Pardon my ignorance chaps, but does a Calatrava have hands similar to this particular GS (posted by Deej)?
Or should it be said "does this GS have a similar hands to some Calatrava models?"
wdin is offline   Reply With Quote