View Single Post
Old 28 May 2015, 09:55 AM   #1
williamRT
"TRF" Member

Rolex Cosmograph Daytona Platinum 116506 - first impressions

After much research, I finally got my hands on this watch today. When I first saw it a few weeks ago, I must say I was unimpressed. Somehow it looked ugly to me, and I decided to move on and consider other watches instead. But I kept coming back to the Daytona Platinum again and again, and each time it looked better. The watch dial doesn't really look blue to me anymore, it simply looks silver. The bezel, too, never looks brown. Instead it appears as a darker shade of silver. In short, it simply looks like an incredibly stunning silver watch. I also appreciate the sheer weight of this watch, especially so since my previous watch was a titanium Omega!

One disappointment is that the crown only has a single pull-out position. When you adjust the time, the second hand stops, and you can adjust the minute and hour hands. I wish there was another pull-out position so that you could change the hour only while the second hand keeps moving. When you travel, you just want to adjust the hour, you don't want to have to reset the entire clock.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Screen Shot 2015-05-26 at 11.27.37 PM copy.jpg (99.7 KB, 1745 views)
williamRT is offline   Reply With Quote