View Single Post
Old 16 June 2015, 07:53 PM   #19
edo
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by texex91 View Post
I don't disagree with the RM comment--they do it better than ANYONE...period.

I did discuss this matter with AP a few weeks ago, and they assured me that 'mistakes have been made in the past', but I think you will see a more 'concentrated' effort in the future for ambassadors. You'll notice though they are 95% golf centric right now, which I think is a mistake. Glad to see some of these other 'ambassadors' no longer with AP...think they are headed in the right direction
Good to hear, and let's see what future brings. About golf ambassadors, as I said in previous thread they are just walking bilboard or walking hat with AP logo. honestly I'm not that much into golf but I can't see that they do a lot for the brand. I think for company with such heritage customer engagement like in your visit to Le Brassus is way to go.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lausanne View Post
Good points. It's also important to remember that RM's sweet spot in terms of clientele is slightly smaller compared to AP's. Of course the ones who started it all are sitting right there at François-Dussaud with the like of Jackie Stewart, Arnold Palmer, Jean-Claude Killy and now RF. These people have done so much for the brand, it's going to be hard for anyone else to topple that.
There is lot of very interesting things about RM business model. Not something you learn in university... we can call him lucky, but he did it his way... I will post some interesting quotes by mr Mille from RAKE RM special edition in RM thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GB-man View Post
I feel the only mistakes being made are on the "LE" watches they pump out like hot cakes. As far as having a good plan before.....not sure about that it's pretty narrow just like it is now with golf except before we had drivers.

How involved are Rafa and bubba with the watches? Sounds like marketing bs to me but I will admit they are some cool pieces. I just can't imagine they have the time to get involved in watch design any more than a meeting at the headquarters to take some promo pics .
They wear all watches during their sport performance, so it involve lot of testing prior official launch including specific case shape, use of materials to final movement endurance test regarding specific golf/tennis/running movements... Of course Rafa doesn't give inputs to R&P how to design the movement... at the end of the day it's business, but as every other thing you can do it with passion and RM ambassadors and RM himself looks way more passionate than it's case with other brands.
edo is offline   Reply With Quote