View Single Post
Old 1 July 2015, 10:22 PM   #52
blah114
Banned

Watch: iPhone
Quote:
Originally Posted by El Cascarrabias View Post
Was reading this review again and decided to add.

I came so close to getting the SubC no date. In fact, I had decided on the SubC and was having the bracelet fitted when I asked to see the DSSD and SD4C just to kill time. The Deep Sea was as I expected, too big and heavy for my taste. But the SD . . . oh my!

When the dealer brought the SubC back after fitting I put both on my wrist and DANG! I liked the SD much better. The SD's case sitting next to the SubC on my wrist was a much better look for me. The squareness of the SubC case was really noticeable next to the SD. In fact, the SubC looked larger while the SD looked, well, . . . like a Sub ought to look.

Since, this would be my only Rolex (in fact, my daily 24/7) I ended up getting the SD4C.

And to think I had already committed, in my mind, to the SubC and only tried the SD because I was waiting for the fitting. I almost missed it . . .

And that would have been a shame!
I absolutely love this story.. I believe it to be true. I wonder what AD said when you changed your mind? In MY mind, and MY experiences, the ADs with whom I've dealt have been patient, enthusiastic, and fun regarding Rolex purchases.. they want you to get the watch you want.. I have SubC with date, but really want a Sea Dweller as well. It won't happen anytime soon, though, due to monetary concerns and too many watches.
blah114 is offline   Reply With Quote