View Single Post
Old 10 July 2015, 01:15 AM   #134
123Blueface
"TRF" Member

Watch: All
Quote:
Originally Posted by buffpilot View Post
Another seller, ErikSzper's listing demonstrates what, I think, is an accurate representation of the goods he is selling: http://www.rolexforums.com/showthrea...ght=Transocean

Contrary to what the numerous comments indicate about me as a buyer, I'm under the impression that the main (only?) requirement as a buyer is to pay in full, promptly, which I did. Does the fact that I asked questions before I came to an agreement with the seller make me an undesirable buyer? Because after we came to an agreement, I paid the seller. I posted my review because I paid for a watch that I immediately had to send into Breitling in order to maintain the warranty that was advertised by the seller. Frankly, I'm surprised by the number of negative comments, as it seems that buyers on this forum are expected to not ask questions, pay promptly, and then not post anything other than glowing feedback. Sellers, however, are free to conduct due diligence prior to completing a transaction, and apparently are not responsible for any misinformation in their listings. Caveat emptor.
It's been pointed out well so far.......boy are you way off.

I will just refer to a comment you made to start this thread:
I contacted Mark about the warranty issue and he professed (truthfully, I think) lack of knowledge about this restriction. I think that it is his duty as the seller, to know of all of the limitations of his product. In my case, his advertisement should have indicted the need for warranty maintenance or Mark should have rectified the discrepancy prior to listing the watch.

This is exemplary of the absurdity of your logic that has been criticized and frankly ridiculed in this thread.

Rather than the questions you posed to him, do you not think it was YOU that had due diligence to ask about the warranty?
If one follows your logic further, you expect a car salesman to be able to mechanically tear down a car and put it back together. After all, he is selling it. He should know all the limitations of his product.
As ridiculous as that analogy sounds, so does yours. I believe you expect the unexpected and it has been evidenced not by suppositions, but rather by your own written words.

At this juncture, I would just sail away, quietly, and let this die once and for all. Think about it, has one single person posted in your favor in over five pages? Clueless!