View Single Post
Old 14 July 2015, 06:02 PM   #41
roadsterdoc
"TRF" Member

Watch: Tudor Pelagos
Cool stories, lava. Will B seems a super nice guy, good to hear he is.

I don't have any good stories of direct brushes with F1 fame, but I did have a neat experience I'll attempt to describe. One of my patients, whom had been seeing me for over a year, was brought into a exam room that i call my "guy room." It has a few black & white framed photos of 1950s F1 cars in Monaco & Monza. When I walked in, she lit up excited and said:
"I like your photos, are you an F1 fan? I know that driver, his name is Fangio. He was my father's best friend. My father wrote a chapter in a book about him. We have a photo of me as a little girl sitting (unwillingly) in his race car. I used to play with a steering wheel my dad had from a world championship car."
I got an hour behind schedule just talking about Fangio and her early life experiences which were intimately intertwined with the legendary driver. Last Christmas she brought me the book and three Kodachrome slides of his red Maserati (1957 I think). I'm still blown away. By the way, the steering wheel she had as a child is in an Argentina museum now (I asked!).

I'll be at COTA, turn 15 again this year. Maybe we'll cross paths.

Chris
The Woodlands, TX

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
roadsterdoc is offline   Reply With Quote