Thread: Facts
View Single Post
Old 2 June 2008, 02:12 AM   #29
Vanessa CW21
TechXpert & 2016 Patron

Thank you all for your support. I was a little hesitant about posting this, but I feel it is neccesary so Bo and Mike (and a few other guys) get a break from having to keep repeating themselves!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rpryan55 View Post
Excellent post, should be a sticky, THANK YOU VANESSA. Now I have a question: If my Rolex gets serviced every 3 to 5 years by RSC without fail, will my great grandchildren be able to get that same Rolex serviced? In other words, so long as I have a history with RSC, will they still have the parts for my model 30 or 40 or even 50 years from now?
You're welcome!
To answer your question: Yes they will keep repairing it, untill the parts of the movement are completely discontinued. They generally stock parts of discontinued movements for about 30 years. Now, if you have a 15xx movement, it's hard to say how much longer that'll be. The 30xx movement should be serviceable for another 15 to 20 years I would guess. The 31xx movements are going to be available for a long time, since they aren't going anywhere right now, they are the best movement they have made, and I'm thinking they'll stay around for quite a while. I wish I could give you a more definate answer...

Quote:
Originally Posted by eq2675 View Post
Thanks Vanessa

So what are the official "rules" in the USA if I ever wanted a black bezel insert for my LV?

Does the original green insert have to be surrendered?

The black bezel insert is not available to me through official means because the watch was not shipped from Rolex with a black bezel insert?

Just curious, I've actually become very fond of the green insert.
Here in the US we as official dealers are NOT ALLOWED to change your bezel at all. The LV has a unique model# and if you change the bezel, they'll consider it after-market (even if it's an original part). If you would have it serviced by an official service center, they would HAVE to replace it back to it's original green bezel.
I know it's bullsh... but those are the rules

Watch my Rolex repair video: https://youtu.be/jDnaotCTpTA
Vanessa CW21 is offline   Reply With Quote