"TRF" Member

Icon14 Thanks for the pointers!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sea-dweller View Post
Looks great!
Thanks you very much!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1210tech View Post
Basically the lower the f-number (eg: f2.8) the bigger the lens aperture which allows a sharp focus on a chosen area of the subject and also allows a quicker shutter speed as the bigger aperture allows more light through the lens: https://photographylife.com/what-is-...in-photography
Thanks heaps for the explanation and the link Ian. It was very useful and I did some extra reading too. I now finally understand what the lens mm means and the F-number in relation to depth of field and achieving bokeh.

Quote:
Originally Posted by matthayes3741 View Post
Right on 1210tech!

The chosen area will be in focus but keep in mind if the object takes up a lot of the picture, some portions may be out of focus... i.e. the chosen area might be a small part of the picture and things around it will be considered in front or behind it and will be out of focus. That works well when you are trying to blur the background or foreground but if you are shooting close up and what the whole shot in focus then you will what a larger f number.
Thanks for your added guidance.

So today I unboxed my new Nikon Micro-Nikkor 40mm F/2.8G lens and took some shots. I was able to take much closer shots than the Nikon Nikkor 18-55mm VR kit lens I used in the original post.

Here's a dirty picture I took with the new lens.
Post Your Rolex/Tudor Watch Weight (PYRTWW)
sutats is offline   Reply With Quote