View Single Post
Old 19 October 2015, 01:36 PM   #139
chillwill120
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by fitzs View Post
I'm wrestling with getting a 16570 black dial or a Black Bay Black as my first high end watch purchase. The Explorer has so much potential as far as increasing in value since it can be had for a little under $4000 pretty regularly with box and papers, but the Black Bay Black is just a cooler looking watch and could be bought brand new, my name on all the papers, and I can put all my own character on it for the years to come.

Complaint of the Explorer: none really, other than I can't find a black dial with box and papers to save my life. Everyone is dumping Polar dials like crazy right now for some reason, and I'd rather not settle for a Polar dial; I think they're ugly and sorta 80's-ish.

My main complaint of the Tudor: I just don't like paying $3500 for a Tudor that basically has the same ETA movement as a $350 Steinhart. If the Black Bay Black had the new Tudor in-house movement, it would be a no-brainer. But the 16570 seems to be the better choice.

Thoughts?
There will be a ton of used Black Bay Blacks for sale in a year for $2500 or so. I also do not like the polar 16570 (disagree about 80s vibe) but the black dial isn't so bad and I think the price can go nowhere but up. I'd get the Explorer.
chillwill120 is offline   Reply With Quote