View Single Post
Old 27 October 2015, 10:42 AM   #13
NathanOnly
"TRF" Member

Watch: Not enough
Hi all

Unsure if this will be of any use to anyone but I have just purchased from Alex and wanted to share my experience.

I purchased a 16700 as advertised from Alex.
Item: Rolex Oyster Perpetual GMT Master 16700 Stainless Steel Men's Watch with Pepsi Bezel
Brand: Rolex
Model: 16700
Movement: 3175
Date: Quickset Date
Series Number: U
Dial: Original Rolex dial
Bracelet: Original rolex solid oyster bracelet
Diameter: 40mm (excluding crown)
Box & Papers: With box and with paper
Authenticity: Whole watch is signed and 100% authentic (100% money back guarantee, no question!)
Working Condition: This watch has been checked by our watchmaker recently and guarantee keeping accurate time and normal wearing scratch.
Link is here: http://alexpig.com/products/1999-rol...-box-and-paper

Watch arrived as is with everything advertised.

As it was a bit of a big deal for me purchasing this watch I went and took it to my local vintage dealer who friends and I have used in the past to check it out.

His comments were that everything looked fine and as advertised except the bezel. The bezel was aftermarket. He suggested I take it to an RSC to get a Rolex bezel put in and have them check it out.

I did this and they confirmed the bezel was aftermarket for sure, sapphire they're unsure of and to look more into. Further to this the watch had no service history with Rolex and they insisted a service must take place for them to look over it and also put in an official bezel/possibly sapphire too. If you know anything about Australian RSC's you can only imagine the price quoted here.

During this whole process I was communicating with Alex who seemed quite shocked that the watch wasn't 100% genuine as advertised.

Once I had the quote back, I requested Alex reimburse me for what I believe is a fair portion of the costs (won’t discuss numbers in full) and although his profit took quite a hit he agreed to do so. Money transferred to me that day, clearing the next business day.

It is therefore now with Rolex being serviced.

Overall I'm ok with the experience. I would have preferred the whole thing was slightly smoother, but nothing seemed untoward and I'll be glad to have a serviced and entirely genuine Pepsi on my wrist very soon.
NathanOnly is offline   Reply With Quote