Thread: My Seadweller
View Single Post
Old 26 November 2015, 09:45 AM   #63
allegedly
"TRF" Member

Watch: My Sea Dweller
Hi guys! Sorry I've not been on here for a good while, guess life just kept me too busy....usually in places you don't go for holidays and for unpleasantly long periods but needs must.
This site is as good as ever and I've just read the replies to my last postings and wow, thanks fellas for the sentiments. Glad I did too as all the comments are great and some have made me stop and maybe look at things a little differently.
To bring this post up to date....well, I've not had the watch serviced yet but I've got to soon, as due to it's age, things are starting to fail on her.
The automatic winding action has stopped working and I can hear something inside that doesn't sound 'right' when I move my wrist and listen. After owning this watch since the early 80's I'm more than familiar with how it should sound and feel!!
Now I've got to decide if I go for a full refurb or just get the standard internals ( o rings, spring etc and ofcourse, the auto component.) and leave the general appearance as it is. Mind you, if these are the hardest decisions I've got to make, I'm a happy man!
I would like some advice though if poss, from UK members mainly I guess as I don't personally know any recommended horologist in the UK that would do the work if I don't send it to Rolex for the full refurb. I appreciate it's going to cost a fair bit but if anyone can recommend a good person/shop who don't just add noughts on to the bill because the word 'Rolex' is mentioned, I'd be very grateful for a 'heads up'.
On a lighter note.....one of the Commercial Diver social network sites I frequent (full of boring industry chat and tales of nice and not so nice places, stupid acts, alcohol and fast cars and even faster women !!) they occasionally hold raffles. I entered one for a Rolex and damn me if I didn't win!! A Sea Dweller! Pre owned but in perfect condition with all the docs and box/s. When I get a minute, I'll post some pics of the two side by side!
So, nice to be back and I hope everyone is well and the recession isn't doing to you what it's doing to the offshore oil business here and in the everywhere else I work!!
Regards
Rob