View Single Post
Old 23 December 2015, 05:05 AM   #1
cop414
TRF Moderator & 2024 DATE-JUST41 Patron

Watch: 14060M
This Christmas please...

This Christmas please take time to remember...

That there are those much less fortunate than many members here, those who deal with all kinds of horrible circumstances day by day. A simple, random act of kindness can really make someone's day.

That there are men and women in far away lands standing watch in order that we can enjoy the season and go to bed at night without worry. Personally I'm blessed this Christmas that our "kids" that are serving are home safe and sound for now. (Justin and Trevor we're unbelievably proud of both of you, USAF and USMC respectively )

That as we're relaxing around the tree, warm and snug there are police officers, fire fighters and EMS personnel on watch 24/7 dealing with sometimes the most horrific sights, sounds and smells that will haunt them until the end of their days. I've had some terrible calls around the holidays, those memories will always be with me.

Remember those that we've lost, both two legged and four as they will always be missed but it seems to sting just a bit more this time of the year. (Miss you Bosco and Max, every single day.)

Slow down, say something nice, do something nice for those around you. We have no idea what people are dealing with at this time of the year, there are many out there carrying excruciating burdens and many can use a hand up.

I wish all of you and yours a very Merry Christmas!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (150.7 KB, 1267 views)

Rolex Submariner 14060M
Omega Seamaster 2254.50
DOXA Professional 1200T

Card carrying member of TRF's Global Association of Retro-Grouch-Curmudgeons
TRF's "After Dark" Bar & NightClub Patron
P Club Member #17
2 FA ENABLED
cop414 is offline   Reply With Quote