View Single Post
Old 21 January 2016, 07:03 PM   #18
padi56
"TRF" Life Patron

Watch: ing you.
Quote:
Originally Posted by KNY View Post
Hello all,
So I've been doing my reading on the differences between these two variations of this reference only to find out that there seems to be quite a bit to know. It also appears that it has quite a following and people tend to be very specific and quite adamant about which variants they like or want (or donot want!)... things like T <25 versus Luminova, 2 line vs 4 line, modified movement, etc. What do you guys think of the various differences? Which is 'the one to have' in your opinion? Im sure some may even say 114060 and I can definitely see why given all the modern imprivemebts, but for some reason I'm really curious about the 14060s.
The 14060 was in production from 1990 to around 2000 with the cal 3000 movement they changed from the Tritium T>25 lume dials around 1998, then the Luminover dials were introduced with Swiss only bottom of dial. Around 2000 the 14060M was introduced generally with Swiss made on bottom of dial till the 14060M was discontinued.Now the M stands for modified movement the change from the cal 3000 to the cal 3130.Now both the cal 3000 and cal 3130 were used in the Explorer which was COSC tested. While at one time in the 14060 and 14060M were not COSC tested but exactly the same movement, today all Rolex mechanical are tested but IMHO the COSC test is little more than marketing.

ICom Pro3

All posts are my own opinion and my opinion only.

"The clock of life is wound but once, and no man has the power to tell just when the hands will stop. Now is the only time you actually own the time, Place no faith in time, for the clock may soon be still for ever."
Good Judgement comes from experience,experience comes from Bad Judgement,.Buy quality, cry once; buy cheap, cry again and again.

www.mc0yad.club

Second in command CEO and left handed watch winder
padi56 is offline   Reply With Quote