View Single Post
Old 8 February 2016, 12:12 PM   #39
jmiicustomz
"TRF" Member

Watch: 1953 pre explorer
As a kid I dreamed of 3 watches that I KNEW FOR SURE I could never own. A no date Submariner, a speedmaster pro, and a navitimer. I now own all 3 and a few others. That said, I am not likely to ever buy another breitling. I am happy having the one I have. Though it's 42mm it wears bigger than my GSAR. That is fine when I am working the pawn shop but not so hot when it doesn't fit under the cuff of my dress shirts in the evenings or weekends. The dial is busy but so much that I can't read it at 31 yrs old. Case, fit, finish, etc all seem fine but I can't stand the Breitling deployment buckle and how it really wears on the strap, so I bought 5 new straps of various colors and bought 5 deployment buckles that I like and have those to play with. I love the history of the navitimer and the slide rule function is great (I am a nerd who won the nc western region math fair with a project on slide rules in hs,) but the watch doesn't have the feel of either of my rolexes. Probably just my wrist, or maybe I am a snob but more days than not I am wearing a GSAR to the shop and my 6298 in the evening. That is until I can save up for the JLC I am eying.
jmiicustomz is offline   Reply With Quote