View Single Post
Old 26 March 2016, 02:45 AM   #144
TheBluePrince
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dddrees View Post
No problem, I kind of feel bad for forgetting about it initially. Guess I'm getting old. LOL

I've actually still have my AE captors still as well. It's the only pair of AEs I kept, I now use them as beaters.

Your not the only one I've heard that has had problems with the JL 7000 Last and like you said the EG 82 works real well for me. As beatiful as some shoes can be it means nothing if they don't fit you.

Good luck with your choice.
I think you've woken the elephant in the room there. A lot of beautiful hand made expensive shoes (from all makers) just aren't that comfortable. I don't mean they don't fit, they fit but just are not comfortable.

You can go to the shop, try half a size bigger or smaller, wide or normal width, maybe 6 different sizing combo's and they still don't feel right. Sometimes you just have to admit defeat and walk away or try another style no matter how much you like them.

I know I used to have lovely shoes that I'd only wear if I was getting a car to a venue and knowing I'd not have to be walking around much. It got silly in the end, I probably had half a dozen like that and just sold them as I couldn't be bothered.

I find there's actually two different feelings of them not quite feeling right when trying them on. One where you know they will come good after a few wears and one where you know no matter how much you wear them they'll never give you that satisfaction.

The best assistants in the factory shops will actually look at your foot sometimes and just say no when you ask to try something on, they know it isn't going to suit you from a fit pov.

You cannot under sell how great a really good fitting shoe feels when it's properly worn in though, after you've worn it for about 100 miles and it's moulded and settled to your foot like a glove
TheBluePrince is offline   Reply With Quote