View Single Post
Old 7 July 2008, 04:41 AM   #28
Jimbits76
"TRF" Member

I aint too happy about it Hy but I'd rather lose a tenner than get a blade in my liver or heart.

Knife crime is crazy in the UK right now and as normal law abiding citizens, there is nothing we can do. It is an offence in the UK to carry anything that may be construed as a weapon. Try walking down the street with a cricket bat or golf club past 8o' clock and you'd see.

If I was feeling up for a fight and took it to the muggers, there is every chance that I would be chardeg with affray or abh and my fine (or the compensation) I'd have to pay to the 'victim' would be well over the £10 I'd lose by just giving in.

My collegue's friend is now facing 18 months in prison because he fought 6 drunken teenagers who were beating up a girl behind the counter of a local fast food restaurant (she was hospitalised). One guy against six and he gave them all such a good hiding they pressed charges and he takes the full rap.

It is a sad, sorry world and it isn't fair but I have a wife and a kid. If somebody needs ten pound so badly they would kill for it...they they are welcome to mine!

J
Jimbits76 is offline   Reply With Quote