View Single Post
Old 21 April 2016, 11:47 PM   #35
bdex75
"TRF" Member

Watch: my money vanish
Bob's Watches

Quote:
Originally Posted by tylerad1 View Post
If its running to Rolex standards, why did they claim it needed a regulation? Just another way they're scamming you hoping you wont notice

Not sure. The sales gal asked if I knew the last time it was serviced. I told her it was an independent that did it and it was about 2010 or so. She said that according to their testing it seemed to be running right at or maybe just outside of Rolex standard but that was likely because the watch is never wound and worn. And my last recollection of her actually wearing the watch for a day or two I set it according to the time.gov site and it was a few seconds fast after a couple days. Not scientific by any stretch but after pretty much sitting for 5+ years I did think to check it.

Edit: she was very complimentary of the watch and its condition. Crystal is perfect, case has just very light scratches no dents/dings etc. and made timekeeping sound like no big deal and likely just due to a lack of use. I had this on my first DJ. Brand new it seemed to be a tick out of standard. Was told to wear it for a few weeks. It fell right back into line and was perfect after that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
bdex75 is offline   Reply With Quote