View Single Post
Old 26 May 2016, 02:23 AM   #148
Abdullah71601
Banned

Watch: ing da Bears
Quote:
Originally Posted by breitlings View Post
1) some TRF'ers do have stores.
2) several TRFers have responded Bob's didn't deduct anything and gave them full offer in this thread. Furthermore your idea is simplistic because they actually have to look at the watch as there are many dimensions of valuation beyond every watch needs a polish and service. A part could be aftermarket, their could be too few links, their may be undisclosed damage, water damage, threading damage, etc. They price by serial then price specific to the watch.
You seem to be working hard to defend Bob's.

The initial quote needs to include the things they ALWAYS do. They offer a 1 year warranty, so they're going to inspect it, reseal, and pressure test. They will polish anything that is not NIB so it looks new to the new owner.

They ask for pictures and present a quote. In my experience with them, the quote was quite low. So low that it wasn't worth the effort to go any further with them. Had I sent them the watch and they further deducted for things they ALWAYS do, I would have been as irritated as the OP.

Sometimes the watch isn't as described and a quote will be adjusted. But it seems to be a standard practice for them to adjust the price for things they ALWAYS do. That's a deceptive business practice IMO.

Full disclosure - I have purchased several watches from Bob's. All authentic. Next day no hassle delivery. And they honored their warranty on a main spring that failed after 6 months.
Abdullah71601 is offline   Reply With Quote