Thread: Interesting...
View Single Post
Old 8 June 2016, 11:54 PM   #6
jon_jon
"TRF" Member

In the history of Patek's LE watches, they have often used the same movement with a change of dial, case or metal color. I don't think this is unusual.

The 6300 certainly has a super complicated movement. And as you mentioned, they will likely only produce a small number each year. How many pieces will they make in total? They may produce a total of 5, 10 or 15 before stopping. But I am sure the major collectors who were not allocated the 5175 will be happy that they will get something similar. It is not a LE watch, but still a super complicated watch with a small production number.

I think we often focus on watch movement and that is where the most of the work in producing a watch lies. However as discussed in another thread with the 5131, it is the special "handcrafting" that adds value to a watch. For the 5131, it is the hand painted enamel dial. For the 5175 and other watches, the engraving on the case is done by a skilled artisan and I feel it is something you have to see to truly appreciate.
jon_jon is offline   Reply With Quote