View Single Post
Old 23 July 2016, 12:44 AM   #17
watchnlaw
"TRF" Member

You have a few options here. None of which are to keep this watch as is and roll over and accept this sham of a service.

1. The first is to call or visit the store and demand that they replace the bezel. That is garbage and no watch repairman worth his salt would ever send a watch back out like that. The -6 seconds per day is also outside of COSC specs and in my opinion, that is complete garbage too. Rolex regulates their modern movements to within -2/+2 per day. There is no reason this watch smith cannot come close to that. Personally I wouldn't really want to send my watch back to them though because they might screw it up more.

2. Get an attorney or someone from the BBB involved. This is probably your best bet although I would try to work with them to begin with. Maybe they will be understanding and accept it back but it seems like they haven't acted like that before. The BBB inquiry may knock him into line which may solve everything right there. Otherwise you'll likely need to have an attorney draft a demand letter and send it to the watch smith. I'd suggest asking for a refund or a difference between the value of the watch fully serviced and whatever you got back. However, this alternative sucks because you'll be paying probably as much as you get back in attorney's fees. At least the watch smith will be held accountable though.

Finally - and nomatter what. I would be as vocal as I could possibly be about this transaction if the store doesn't make it right. That means posting honest reviews about your experience EVERYWHERE. The store should stand by their service or customers like yourself who are considering them should be well aware of the potential for this to happen to them. If it were me I'd almost feel a duty to other potential customers to warn them of what could happen to their time pieces. The other customers' experiences may vary, but at least they can consider the store's reputation in advance. I am very sorry to hear about this and had something similar happen to me years ago. I chose to send the watch to another watch smith because I did not trust the original repair shop with my watch again. I never received a refund but did make it known what happened to me.
watchnlaw is offline   Reply With Quote