View Single Post
Old 31 July 2016, 05:47 PM   #31
Fiery
"TRF" Member

Watch: Sub-C 116610LN
Quote:
Originally Posted by vman View Post
I have not been to a GO boutique, but Swatch boutiques that carry GO seem to be less than enthusiastic about discounts. I have not negotiated, though, as I already have a watch. I base my thoughts on the overall conversations about pricing.

Congrats on your GO 70s choice. If you plan to change straps or go from a bracelet to a strap, be prepared to either take the watch to a knowledgeable AD or buy a special tool that allows you to remove friction based pins. You do not want to hammer those out.
Thank you for the info and the heads up about the strap change. I've heard about it requiring special tools, but I wasn't sure what's the difference to regular pins. As for the strap, I'm planning to get the watch on a bracelet, but also order a short rubber strap right away. If the boutique staff says 0% discount, I'll push my luck and find out whether I could get a free strap + deployant. Those things go for EUR 800-900, but even if they gave it away with the watch, it's still hard to beat the discount offers from GO ADs and especially grey dealers... We'll see.