View Single Post
Old 4 August 2008, 06:37 AM   #57
Marrk
"TRF" Member

Watch: 5513
That's okey-dokey with me, but why not just use a microfibre once, then throw it in the wash? Or even a cotton diaper?

I have a couple of dozen microfibres and a couple of dozen diapers. When they all get dirty, I wash them (together) at the laundromat. No problems so far (but, you are correct, the microfibres tends to gather a lot of static electricity and, thus, things will cling to them).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Art161 View Post
The KozaK cloth must be used only on a completely dry car, and washing the cloth would render it useless for its intended purpose. KozaK claims you can use the cloth 50 times before discarding it. I don't count the number of times I use a particular cloth before discarding it, but I think KozaK is being conservative in its statement. They last a long time!

The Griot's Garage catalog information for the microfiber duster that I have not used, says it can be washed, but says to do it when it gets "real dirty."

The dusters, whether KozaK or any other, need to be checked frequently to be sure that there are not any large particles that need to be removed promptly. Other than that, these dusters retain a lot of dust in such a manner that the car is not damaged if the dusters are a bit dirty.

When I switched from terry cloth towels to microfiber towels for removing excess wax from my car, I was amazed. I had been using two or three terry cloth towels, but I used only one microfiber towel. And the microfiber towel looked good enough to do several more cars.

There are plenty of warnings out there not to wash microfiber items with any other type of material. If you wash cotton and microfiber together, the cotton will shed, and the microfiber will pick up the cotton lint.

Marrk is offline   Reply With Quote