View Single Post
Old 8 September 2016, 12:29 PM   #83
greekbum
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex GMT 16750
This is the original sales advert below along with some correspondence I had with Krishna. Krishna received the watch exactly as described and got some extra free stuff I gave him. In his own words are the feedback he left me after the deal. ....Fast forward 2 years and he writes to me stating that the crown came out and he took the watch to RSC to fix it..... Krishna told me that RSC (told him) the case back threads are stripped (after they opened it) and recommended to him (see below) new case, dial, hands and bracelet (he bought just the head from me) and if I could suggest some possible solutions. I love watches myself and if i can ever help anybody I try and do my best. I was overseas on vacation when he contacted me and spent the day researching this. I spoke to a few watchmakers and they told me this can happen sometimes when a watch is opened up. I found a guy that specializes in retreading cases and case backs and gave the contact information to Krishna. ($300-$600 was the quote)
He wrote me back that he was expecting cash back from me or a 16710 in better condition. My advert is crystal clear. The watch was sold in as is condition with no service history.
There is a return policy. The watch before shipping out to him was taken to a CW21 Rolex watchmaker who also checked out the timing and water tested it.
Everything was fine for the next 2 years. ....On my end I sold Krishna a nice 16710 as stated with no issues. I do not know what has happened in the last 2 years but there was no super glued case etc when the watch left me. Its unfortunate that the case back is stripped out but this is not the sellers fault nor is it krishna's its something that happened.
My watch ad says E serial for the watch I sold Krishna.... the RSC Quote says X serial...? This X serial number is not in any of my records.

Below is also email correspondence.From 2014
Thanks Nick. Insert was fresh great looking in the picture. I was already looking for pepsi inserts in the forum, you spared me of that hassle now. 2 colored nato would be great, if not, no problem, this is looking a good match too, you could leave it there. Is that pink strap leather? I don't link pink color. If you send me the original one you listed I am happy or a picture of any new one you intend to send, I will chose. If you can't send any, thats fine by me too. Appreciate if you could answer the below questions, whatever you say wouldn't bother me much, its only for my record for future if I intend to sell it. If are not aware of the below information its fine.
1. How many times do you think was the watch polished in its life time
2. How many owners did it have in the past? do you think it was worn regularly?
3.I understand there is no service history, I saw that before committing to the deal. But do you think its good to go for at least 2 years? ( if not I have plans to service it locally in the near future)

Regards,
Krishna

Krishna,
Ill let you know as soon as funds show up in my account. It takes a few days sometimes. Ill give you the blue and the black red leather nato :) In all honesty i am a watch dealer and buy and sell lots of watches. i bought this from another dealer with no history.I did however take it to my watchmaker who put it on a timing machine and said its within cosec specs and it didn’t need a service and was running fine. I would wear it and enjoy it myself.
Best
Nick
Attached Images
File Type: jpg FullSizeRender-8.jpg (104.9 KB, 294 views)
File Type: jpg FullSizeRender-6.jpg (41.2 KB, 305 views)
File Type: jpg vishy26.jpg (41.7 KB, 298 views)

Original Owner ROLEX 16750 GMT Daily Wearer For Over 13,000 Days And Counting
greekbum is online now   Reply With Quote