View Single Post
Old 21 September 2016, 06:56 PM   #65
Ruud Van Driver
"TRF" Member

Watch: Mickey Mouse
Ok, I'm just back from RSC Singapore where I had a good long chat with the ever-helpful and very knowledgeable Diana. She showed another side of herself today, and that was good old common sense. She took a look at my Daytona and said that in her opinion, there was little that could be done because of the depth of the scratch. She then passed me her loupe so I could take a proper butcher's and it appeared that she wasn't wrong. To be sure, she sent it upstairs and it came back ten minutes later with her opinion confirmed. She softened the blow by saying that my watch looked incredibly well looked after for a two year old Daytona that obviously gets worn. She then softened it further by saying that a new bezel was S$400 (£225, US$295), which was pleasantly surprising.

She then said I should go home, wear the watch and enjoy it. I should not waste my money on a new bezel because I'll only scratch it again. Her advice was to wait until service time and get it all done in one fell swoop.

I think I'll let it be and do exactly as advised by a grown-up at Rolex

"Why should you allow an AD to shake you down, just so you can buy a watch" - Grady Philpott
Card carrying member of TRF's Global Association of Retro-Grouch-Curmudgeons
Ruud Van Driver is offline   Reply With Quote