View Single Post
Old 4 October 2016, 10:51 PM   #78
christianj
Banned

I also got a very detailed response from Faure le Page with pics of the items I was interested in. Since the wallet is the same as GB-man I am not going to post anything else. They did send me pics of the majority of wallets they have so if others are interested I can post.

As for the customs costs, I have bought numerous things from international ebay sellers and the rules on what you have to pay seem to be different for every shipment. Generally I have NOT had to pay anything on foreign shipments with a value of LESS than $500. Shipments OVER $500 have had some come thru without any customs charge and some I have had to pay customs charges on. Last example I have is on a shipment from the UK, the item cost around $1000 and I was charged around $90 in customs and processing fees. Honestly it seems like when a service like UPS, FedEx or a courier is used I get a fee for higher value shipments and when the Postal Service is used I do NOT. Companies (vs individual sellers) generally will only use courier type services so my gut is that you should plan on paying around 10% of the value in customs fees.
christianj is offline   Reply With Quote