Thread: The Best
View Single Post
Old 17 August 2008, 03:39 AM   #27
BLSampson
"TRF" Member

Watch: TT Blue Submariner
Quote:
Originally Posted by erasuretim View Post
I love the cussedness of a company that can never be sold or sell out to swatch and all the other big groups that have consumed most of the other traditional names.

I like the fact that the company orientates it product with a long term strategy as it has no share holders that encourage it to respond to the vagaries of fashion. I like the conservative design [apart from a few abominations!] and the fact that my sub has the design DNA of its forefather over 50yrs ago.

I know that if i start the day strapping my sub on, no matter what the day throws at me it will still be ticking at the end of it.

I love the fact that some WIS snobs hate Rolex and love to pitch in and defend my favourite brand!

I love the community of web boards that add to my enjoyment of my watch tremendously.

There is also an unexplainable aspect; for some reason i get all gooey inside when i look at my sub and most other Rolex. But i cannot rationalise it. I guess it must be

Regards

Tim
X2...Bryan