View Single Post
Old 13 November 2016, 12:57 AM   #78
blah114
Banned

Watch: iPhone
I talked to a person whom visited Patek in New York recently. It seems they're hiring kids as watchmakers, with zero experience-- they are training them of course and having them take loads of math tests to even get to the second interviews. They're training a new generation of watch makers and repair personnel, above all they're not a stuffy company (despite being in my opinion overpriced behind comprehension compared,to jlc and other. Makers of nearly equal quality --my opinion only!). Someday I'll own a nautilus or aquanaut. I was very impressed to hear of their New York facilities and non stuffy atmosphere. I also was told they make the dials for audemar royal oaks , which I did not know. I pictured Patek as being a bit stuffy but the person said nothing was stuffy at all about the company or atmosphere. That person works for an AD OF Patek.

I love the white dial in the pics. This watch flies under the radar in a beautiful understated way. Congrats. I can afford this but can't bring myself to buy such a beautiful piece!
blah114 is offline   Reply With Quote