View Single Post
Old 22 November 2016, 02:53 PM   #164
seankendall
Banned

Five years of answers? WOW

OK, I just joined this forum. You guys are are something else. I started to read the thread and noticed the OP was from 2011. Whats up here? I'm on a number of gun forums and they generally will close a thread after it seems exhausted.

This is my maiden post here, so just in case the OP hasn't yet popped for the watch of his dreams:

I am 62 years old. I just bought a black Sub five days ago. Why did I wait until I could actually afford it? Why did I pick the all black Sub?

1. Unless you are independently wealthy buying a watch that will easily set you back $5K used, $7.5K new from an AD or somewhat less from a a gray market source, I would say that you should NOT buy one at all until you can afford to (a) pay cash, (b) the layout of cash has no effect what-so-ever on your savings plan or your current financial situation and, (c) buying a nice, high end watch for cash is a great feeling and you know you aren't screwing your future retirement or your kids and any other part of your life or your loved ones lives.

2. I bought a new black Sub from an AD. It was still in its plastic and styrofoam shipping case. Rolex ships the watches to dealers in a special protective case that is not meant to be seen by the end buyer. I have the shipping case and the "display" case and all papers and the five year warranty. The plastic sticky covers were all over the crystal and stainless steel and it was pristine.

Why black? As others have said already, it goes with EVERYTHING. It is classic. It will never go out of style.

This thing is built like a tank and is ready to go to war . . . it hasn't left my wrist except when I sleep since I bought it.