View Single Post
Old 1 January 2017, 08:30 AM   #176
sleddog
TRF Moderator & 2024 DATE-JUST41 Patron

This thread has run its course, to say the least.

It's easy to see why there are so many not in the OP's court, and I believe Michael knew that would be the case from the start.

Fact is, it's a 'watch' (& I'm not even sure any part of it is real) that has a horrible copy of a real ceramic insert, a supposed real dial that's been repainted (poorly IMO), to 'look' like a white gold Sub that it isn't. Or as Michael has said, "I like the shade of blue"!
This forum is about genuine Rolex watches and parts, copies and imitations not included.
It's fine to mod a watch, most would agree with that, but I think when you make something look like something that it isn't, and using replica parts etc, regardless of color, you tend to cross a line....

Now I don't care what anyone does with their watches in modding, and I'm not talking natos and straps, but this site is all about gen parts, and that's clearly not what this watch has.

With that, this thread can sit closed in the 'watchout' section, and people can be aware of what not to buy when looking for a white gold Sub.

Enjoy your watch Michael, everyone else, let's move on...

Happy new year to all!

TRF's "After Dark" Bar & Nightclub Patron-Founding Member..