View Single Post
Old 12 January 2017, 04:26 AM   #1
fenix8o0
"TRF" Member

Watch: 16710-Z
Lurker no longer - 1st Rolex

Hello TRF,

My name is Steve. I've been a long time lurker and I decided it's time I said hello after acquiring the Rolex I've been seeking the past 3+ years.

My previous job had me traveling all over and I knew I needed a GMT watch, both as an accessory and to fulfill my lust for timepieces. I started looking at the Breitling chronomat and Omega AT-GMT, while the whole time my friends and family said you gotta go for Rolex. I've never considered it because I thought they were elitist and out of my price range. Boy was I wrong; the folks here are the most respectful and encouraging I have seen in a forum setting. Best of all, I saw I can afford it and started saving.

In May 2013, I stumbled into the rolex AD in Cancun and they had the BLNR in Stock for $8200! I was intrigued until I saw a customer walk in wearing a similar watch but in red and blue, instant game changer. I decided to pass on the BLNR and I still wonder today if I missed a major opportunity in owning an early BLNR.

After hours and hours of research on TRF and a trip planned to the Rolex mecca, HKG, this past December I told myself I had to come home with one.

For 3 years I've only seen two wild sightings, one was on a woman too, but now I finally have this beauty to look at everyday. Anyway here's a shot of my 16710.

Thanks TRF. You guys rock. [emoji3]

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk
fenix8o0 is offline   Reply With Quote