View Single Post
Old 8 February 2017, 10:17 AM   #5
sensui
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirty Tool View Post
Hi guys - I'm looking to add a Speedmaster to my collection and my favourite was the Speedmaster Moonwatch Pro with the hesalite glass. I love the history behind the watch and would want one as true to the original as possible.

However I have recently come across the Speedmaster 1st Omega in Space edition (can't keep up with number of special/numbered editions of speedmaster). I like the look of the smaller face (39mm vs 42mm), the exposed lugs and the Alpha hands. This watch also has a great history and a tribute to the original, just as the Moonwatch is.

They are a nearly the same RRP price, but you get more for your money with the Moonwatch - steel bracelet, spare NATO straps and other goodies in the box. Also has a nicer box but the 1st Omega in Space is a numbered edition.

Any opinions out there as to which one is more preferred? Thanks.

Thanks!
It's personal taste and I find pleasure in both. They have their own part in the history of the "Moonwatch." Sounds like your heart lies with the FOIS and I would stick with that. Gorgeous watch, wearing mine these couple days:

sensui is offline   Reply With Quote