View Single Post
Old 22 February 2017, 02:38 AM   #1
Bushido
"TRF" Member

For Speedy Fans (60 Years Content)

I just came across a couple fun things this morning while having my coffee.

First, Robert Jan over at Fratellowatches blog just put up a really good overview of 60yrs of the Speedmaster. It gives a great picture and brief description of the various iterations and how they came to be.

The second item of note: Hodinkee will be live streaming at 7pm ET tonight with Omega. Here is a quote from their description of tonight's event-

Quote:
Tonight, HODINKEE and Omega come together to bring you live coverage of our celebration of 60 years of the Omega Speedmaster. In the first discussion of the evening, members of the HODINKEE editorial team will be joined by Omega Museum Curator Petros Protopapas to explore the legacy and evolution of the Speedmaster; in the second, we'll be joined Omega President and CEO Raynald Aeschilmann to examine the impact of the Speedmaster line on the Omega brand as well as what we can expect from Omega in the future.
The Fratello article is great and well worth a read for any Speedy fan. The stream tonight, I imagine, will be pretty fun to watch. Not sure if we'll get any kind of an upcoming preview or not of what may be behind the curtain at Basel?

Either way, I thought I would share with my fellow Omega/Speedy fans.

Cheers!
Bushido is offline   Reply With Quote