View Single Post
Old 29 April 2017, 02:58 AM   #109
Ruud Van Driver
"TRF" Member

Watch: Mickey Mouse
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cru Jones View Post
But, even at that price, I'd take the PAM over a PO or Tudor, neither of which come close to the style or design of a Panerai.

"Bang for your buck" can mean different things to different people.

Same here. If I was offered an AP RO for the same money as a 533, I'd take the PAM. Am I nuts? No, I'm just not a fan of AP. I actually tried on a client's RO at a cocktail reception last night (I was wearing my Daytona) and I would take the 533 all day every day. I'm not bashing the AP, not at all. It's a lovely piece and it feels quality but it doesn't have the style or wrist presence of a 1950 Lumnior. Not in my eyes anyway.

There's just something about a Panerai that I can't put into words. It's a bit like Stairway to Heaven; you either get it or you don't. I'm cool with both. However, if you don't get it then don't knock those of us that do cos I know someone who'll get medieval on yo ass!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0314.jpg (45.8 KB, 430 views)

"Why should you allow an AD to shake you down, just so you can buy a watch" - Grady Philpott
Card carrying member of TRF's Global Association of Retro-Grouch-Curmudgeons
Ruud Van Driver is offline   Reply With Quote