View Single Post
Old 19 June 2017, 02:49 AM   #15
highbob
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tools View Post
Perhaps you have been hearing stories of folks trying to get warranty work done when they do not have a valid warranty. Grey Market, modified, and third party serviced watches do not have a valid Rolex warranty.

In those cases there is no warranty to "follow the watch".

The bottom line is: A properly purchased Rolex includes a full warranty. Rolex does not know who purchased the watch and so anybody who takes a warrantied watch into an RSC for warranty work will get it. Rolex will not know, or care, that the watch was "previously owned"
Thanks for all the responses, folks. and Tools, what started my line of questioning was a conversation I had yesterday with a Rolex salesperson at my local AD. He was quoting information that he had from Rolex--that the warranty is not transferable--but much of what I've seen and heard refutes that, and makes the case for the warranty following the watch. The salesperson I spoke with spoke quite firmly about this, but IMHO, he seems a bit proprietary regarding ALL sales of Rolex watches. My watch was originally purchased from an AD; it has all the documentation including the card; I'm not sure what his take is other than the fact that he might be displeased that somewhere in the loop from the AD to me, someone else made some money.

What I fail to understand is any AD's displeasure once the watch has been sold by another AD. Once sold by the AD, it's out in the marketplace, free to find another home if need be. True, that means that the watch could face possible peril due to shipping and handling, etc., but the watch faces damage from everyday use that is pretty much the same as any damage it might incur from being on the market. The watch will either operate correctly or it might need warranty service. In which case, if the owner has the warranty card, Rolex should make good. My two cents--thanks again for the illumination.

highbob is offline   Reply With Quote