View Single Post
Old 21 June 2017, 06:51 AM   #4
manduke1956
"TRF" Member

Watch: Explorer Date 5701
Quote:
Originally Posted by offrdmania View Post
OP, it is essentially identical to an Air-King date other than the fact that it is called an Explorer Date and printed on the dial as such. Dial is the same as an Air-King date with either daphne markers depending on year or stick markers on later production, but only a very basic dial configuration.
It may be rare since it was a Canadian market piece but I dont think this translates into additional worth. Maybe only slightly more than an Air-King date. It isnt your typical Explorer with a 3-6-9 dial and lollipop hands, so no big bucks and not in huge demand.
Looking on eBay there is an Explorer Date currently, but IMHO it is way too expensive. I know I wouldnt pay that much for it. If you got yours for a decent price then I would say enjoy it and wear it in good health.

Thank you for the info. Yes rarity doesnt always go to value. I just sent that watch to offical time watch for an evaluation. Not much luck finding anyone locally to take a look. I am hoping he can read that worn away serial number. Routine service is in order anyway. Ill report back when I hear from them

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
manduke1956 is offline   Reply With Quote